Digital Marketing is a marketing technique that makes use of electronic devices such as desktops, laptops, phones and tabs for the promotion of a product or brand. Digital Marketing mainly focuses users on internet, mobile and social media.
To deeply understand what digital marketing is, firstly it is important to understand what marketing is? Marketing is all about identifying your customers needs and creating value for them.
Source : Google Plus
Why Digital Marketing?
With the change and evolution of modern technology, more and more businesses are implementing digital marketing strategies to capture a growing and a very lucrative online marketplace. Correct digital marketing strategies help in attracting the targeted audience that will help in growing business exponentially. If you are receiving daily traffic to your website and it does not convert to leads and sales then they are useless.
Here are some reasons why the use of digital marketing is an effective channel to grow your business.
- Digital Marketing Levels the Online Playing Field .
- Far More Cost-Effective Than Traditional Marketing Methods.
- Digital marketing is the most measurable form of marketing.
- Digital marketing helps you connect with mobile customers.
- SEO and local SEO helps you reach more qualified buyers online.
- Digital Marketing allows you to define your targeted audience.
- Digital Marketing helps in building a Brand.
Importance and benefits of digital marketing-
- Wide Reach.
- Helps in increasing brand awareness.
- Cost effective.
- Performance oriented.
- You can easily target your niche.
- Generate potential business leads.
- Track and monitor your marketing campaigns to improve performance.
- Cut down on employee expenses.
- Edge your lazy competitors.
- Challenge your big fat competitors.
- Add extra outlet for sales.
Some of the key steps in marketing process is :
- Identify what your customers want.
- Research and development.
- Identifying your potential buyers.
- Increasing brand awareness.
- Proposing value.
- Creating utility.
How to do digital marketing?
Source : Twitter
With various platforms such as search engines, social networking websites, email marketing, mobile marketing, etc. we can communicate our value and create utility with our prospects online.
Further this blog explains how to leverage various digital marketing platforms online.
1- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)-
Source : Quantspire
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is the process of optimizing your website to “rank” higher on search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic your website receives. The channels that benefit from SEO include:
2.Social Media Marketing (SMM)-
Source : Healthcare Executive
Social Media Marketing is a practice of marketing a business using paid advertisement that appears on the search engine result pages (SERPs).This practice helps in promotion of the brand on different social media to generate brand awareness, to drive traffic, and to generate leads for your business.
The channels used for social media marketing include:
Source : Twitter
Email Marketing is a way of communicating with the audience using emails. Companies use emails to promote content, discounts and events. Companies also use Email Marketing to direct people towards their business website.
In an email marketing campaign,the types of emails you can send includes:
- Customer welcome emails.
- Follow-up emails for website visitors who downloaded something.
- Tips or similar series emails for customer nurturing.
- Holiday promotions to loyalty program members.
- Blog subscription newsletters.
Source : MeraEvents
Affiliate Marketing is a means of promoting someone else’s products or services on your website. This typically depends on performance-based advertisements in which an affiliate receives commission for one or more visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
Source : Flickr
Content Marketing is the promotion/marketing of content for the purpose of generating brand awareness, lead generation and traffic growth. Content marketing not only focuses on brand promotion but also on sharing online material to stimulate interest in a company’s products or services. The channels that can play a part in your content marketing strategy include:
- Blog posts.
- Ebooks and whitepapers.
- Online brochures and lookbooks.
Source : creativeclick.in
PPC is a method by which you can drive traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked.
One of the most common types is Google AdWords, which allows you to pay for top slots on Google’s search engine result pages at a price “per click” of the links you place.
Want to learn more about Digital marketing? Check out our website getdigication.com to join Digital marketing training course.