WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. Easiest and powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today, developed and maintained by Community.
In this course, you’ll learn the basics of getting your site live quickly with no coding skills and how to update and maintain it using WordPress Dashboard. It also covers the conceptual framework of a WordPress based system and the practical aspects of building a modern website or a blog.
- Learn differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org (Self-hosted version)
- Learn how to set up self-hosted version of WordPress on the server.
- Create and update content (pages, blog post, photos etc) in WordPress Dashboard
- Discover different Themes and how to customize them.
- Extend the functionalities with Plugins.
- Master the Widgets, Menus and Settings.
- Extend WordPress even further with plugins.
- Learn how to get more readers with social media sharing and comments.
- Discover how to adjust the settings that keep your site safe and secure.